Writers Studio: A Community for Writers
Passionate about writing? Join ACC's literary community and thrive
Established in 2004, the ACC Writers Studio is a community for writers of all ages and skill levels. We invite writers from our school and community to experience the writing life through creative writing courses, workshops, literary contests, festivals, and readings. We invite local and national writers to share their words and expertise with our students and community members.
- Writers Studio Events: Festivals, workshops, literary contests, readings and open mics offer opportunities for writers of every level to connect and develop their craft. These events are open to ACC students and the community at large and many are free.View our Schedule of Fall 2014 Events
- Creative Writing Classes: Introduction to Creative Writing, Poetry, Fiction, how to get published? Fall 2014 Schedule of Writers Studio Events
- AA Degree with a Creative Writing Emphasis: Our AA Degree with a Creative Writing Emphasis nurtures beginning and experienced writers with a comprehensive program of creative writing and literature courses. Explore multiple genres in creative writing. Sharpen critical thinking and analytical skills through the study of past and contemporary literary masters. Create a portfolio of creative work in a chosen genre and participate in a public reading performance. This 60 credit hour AA degree includes 38 Colorado's Guaranteed Transfer Courses and 22 creative writing-focused credit hours. The 22 credit hour creative writing courses generally transfer as electives to four-year institutions. Check with the institution's English and Advising departments for specific details.View our AA Degree Creative Writing Emphasis Brochure. View the catalog for the Associates of Arts in Creative Writing degree requirements.
- “Articulation Agreements”: Credit transfer agreements with Adams State College, Santa Fe School of Art and Design, and Western State College of Colorado help our Creative Writing graduates to carry as many credits as possible into a BA English/Creative Writing program. (This does not mean that your credits will not transfer to other four-year programs).
- Learn more about our Articulation Agreement with Adams State College.
- Learn more about our Articulation Agreement with Santa Fe School of Art and Design.
- Learn more about our Articulation Agreement with Western State College of Colorado.
- We also work with the University College at the Universtiy of Denver Bachelor of Arts Completion Program, CSU Global campus, and Regis University College for Professional Studies.
- Progenitor Art and Literary Journal: ACC's prize-winning literary journal. Visit our Progenitor Online website for Progenitor 2014, interviews, art and writing, and information on submitting. Progenitor Art and Literary Journal is produced each spring by ENG 231 Literary Magazine and the Multi media Graphic Design Capstone 281. No experience needed!!
- The Writers Studio Credential gives students seeking another degree emphasis yet interested in a secondary focus in creative writing the ability to receive an 18 credit hour Professional Achievement Award. Find more specific information about the Credential program.
- The Writers Studio Scholarship: Each year the Writers Studio offers a scholarship to ACC students interested in taking creative writing classes. Visit our Writers Studio Scholarship page for more information.
- Writers Studio Club is open to ACC students and Community Ed students. Please join us! For more information, Email our faculty advisor, Kathryn Winograd at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303.797.5815.
- Partnership with ACC Community Education: Each semester, Writers Studio offers non-degree seeking writers the chance to take upper-level workshops in fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry and publishing through our Community Ed program. Contact Community Education to learn more.
Interested? You can receive the Writers Studio monthly newsletter for more information.
Dr. Kathryn Winograd, Coordinator of the Writers Studio
303.797.5815 or Email: email@example.com